Tuesday, November 26, 2002

good friends, are so hard to find. all through high school i had these conflicting notions of who my friends were, who i really was, and who would be there for me in the end. things dont always turn out the way you think they will. i think of the many times in high school when i wouldnt hang out with my school friends, as if i had something more important to do. sometimes i had prior engagements, but oftentimes i put them below other 'church' friends. i was quite adamant about this too, because i felt i was more like my church friends, we shared more in common, had similar interests, etc. i found myself oftentimes distant at school, not really feeling like i fit in. but now, here in university, i miss ALL of my friends. church friends. school friends as well. they are my friends. and if God is gracious to me, they will be my friends for life. we've shared so many fun times, so many fond memories. somehow i managed to take it all for granted. You guys are a great bunch of people. sorry if ive never told you that before. im just feeling sentimental right now. and very content. and thankful.

"And for a moment I lose myself, Wrapped up in the pleasures of the world.
I've journeyed here and there and back again, But in the same old haunts I still find my friends.
Mysteries not ready to reveal, Sympathies I'm ready to return.
I'll make the effort, love can last forever
Graceful swans of never topple to the earth
Tomorrow's just an excuse
And you, can make it last, forever you
You can make it last, forever you."

No comments:

Post a Comment