Saturday, December 16, 2006

Tribute to a Van



I remember...

...the moment we first met, the way your face shone in the sun
...how we used to cruise around town, so carefree and without worry
...you were always there to see me off to school every morning, and there to pick me up when school was over
...every early morning, you were there with me, no matter the hour
...all those late parties, how like a true friend you would be waiting patiently outside to drag me home
...you were there with me through high school, and you watched me go off to university, and I knew, at that moment, you were proud of me
...you were never judgemental of my friends or who I brought over, it didnt matter who they were, you were always willing to hang out together
...it never mattered what I wore, or what type of baggage I had in my life, you were always there accepting me
...those songs you would sing to me, how beautiful.. and what variety!

But I also remember the hard times...

...when you had that problem, and you were out of control and just couldnt stop, and the doctors took care of you and fixed you back up
...when we got into a fight in that parking garage, and I slammed you into the parking pillar

Alas, I knew our days were numbered. It was as if you had some kind of internal clock, counting each and every moment that passed by.

You have been there in all seasons, like a true friend. One thing I've always admired about you is how you were always so determined, so focused, so... driven.

And so it is, that I say goodbye to you, old friend. You will be much happier in your new home, where they will be able to give you much more attention than I ever gave you. Though the language and surroundings may seem foreign to you, I'm sure you will be fine.

I will leave you with this, which says more than I could ever say...

goodbye, my lover
goodbye, my friend
you have been the one
you have been the one for me

No comments:

Post a Comment